Links to Resources
- Brain Injury Association of America
- United States Brain Injury Alliance
- The TBI National Data and Statistical Center website
- The Model Systems Knowledge Translation Center (MSKTC)
- The Center for Outcome Measurement in Brain Injury (COMBI)
- Mayo Clinic TBI Model System (TBIMS)
- The Brain Injury Research Center of Mount Sinai (BIRC-MS)
- Ohio Valley Center for Brain Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation
- DEFENSE and VETERANS BRAIN INJURY CENTER (DVBIC)
- LEARNet-BIA New York State
- The Journey Home – the Center of Excellence for Medical Multimedia (CEMM) Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Learning Services Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Resources, Brain Injury Resources
- Lash and Associates Publishing/Training Inc.
- UAB TBI Model Systems Cognitive Stimulation Program
- Tennessee BRAIN Project
- Pennsylvania BrainSTEPS Program
- Accessing Potential Through Assistive Technology (APTAT)
There are currently no upcoming events.
The TBI Champion Chronicles
Auburn Student Overcomes Obstacles to Pursue Doctorate
When Matt Beth sustained a brain injury in July of 2016 by falling off the roof of a three-story building it was a miracle that he even survived. Beth suffered a traumatic brain injury in his brain stem from the fall but was somehow completely unaffected cognitively. He did acquire several physical disabilities, including the physical inability to speak, walk and use the left side of his body (hemiparesis). After two years of focusing on his rehabilitation, Beth was ready to complete his college education and did just that by enrolling in Auburn University and earning bachelor’s and master's degrees in exercise science. Beth is now pursuing his doctorate and looks forward to many great opportunities in the future.
Click here to read Matt's story.